Murphy Beds Direct - Did not deliver what was ordered and will not refund my $2000

5 of 10 Murphy Beds Direct reviews

I paid $2000 by check (because they offered me a discount) in Jan 2015.I began calling in April for an estimated ship date.

When I got no reply I opened a BBB complaint which was closed due to no response from the business. On May 11 I was finally told it would ship the following week. On June 2 I was given a ship date of June 26. On June 29 I was told it was shipping 6/30 and provided a false tracking no.

It did finally ship 7/7 and showed up extremely damaged. At least 30% of the box was missing/mangled. I took photos, refused the shipment, and contacted Don Schultz (the unethical owner). No reply.

When I finally reached him on 7/27 he said he would file a complaint with the shipping company on my behalf and would send me a check. I still have no check. When I called the shipping company on 8/17 they have no record of a claim (more lies from Don). I initiated a claim but they will not pay without cooperation from Don, which they aren't getting.

This man is a thief and is conducting internet fraud.

I now have a complaint opened with the FTC, AZ Attorney General/Consumer Fraud, and FL Division of Consumer Services.I want my $2000 back!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Murphy Bed
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #685541 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Murphy Beds Direct? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
5 of 10 Murphy Beds Direct reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 30, 2015 #1041374

Sept 30 - Update - as expected, I have not seen a dime from Don. He still owes me $2000 and refuses to take any of my calls. I will be sharing my experience on every social media site out there....and will be working to ensure he loses his business license. This man belongs behind bars. His mother would be ashamed of the way he treats people. He is nothing more than a thief.

Tracy

Aug 28, 2015 #1026290 Tempe, Arizona, United States

I will update this review if/when Don refunds my money. He has stated he will send a refund by Sept 30. I will post an update then.

IGotStiffed

Sep 18, 2015 #1035467 Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, United States

Don Schultz and his family (all employees are family) have less honor and integrity than the Gambino crime syndicate. I am a former local vendor who was stiffed for over $4500 by him, personally. Don't trust Don (owner) for anything, he lies, easily and all the time. Suggest you start harassing him immediately for your refund. The more you harass him, the better your chances you might, get any kind of refund. Any 'good' or 'positive' review of this company is either a fake or the one order out of 30 that experienced only minor glitches and not some level of fraud. Hope this helps.

1 0 Reply

Sep 18, 2015 #1035785

The entire company seems unethical and fraudulent. I've actually started to wonder if this company is a front for money laundering. I have been harassing him for months. He promised me reimbursement by September 30 if I took down all the postings my friends and I posted on social media. He has another week and a half. If I don't get my money back, social media posts will go back up and I will do every thing in my power to make sure he loses his business license. I am also prepared to take him to small claims court at which point he'll also be responsible for covering my travel expenses - so he'll then owe me 4K instead of 2K.
I will also add, I'm a single mother and I purchased this for my guest room because I have a very ill child then I need help with. I am drowning in medical bills and on top of this I am swindled out of $2000. Don has no conscience or ethics. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.